Launched in 2008, Ride for a Child is a special fundraising program that pairs El Tour cyclists with Tu Nidito children whose lives have been impacted by serious illness or the death of someone they love.
Participating cyclists pledge to raise $500 or more for Tu Nidito as part of their El Tour ride. Each Ride for a Child cyclist rides and fundraises in honor of a specific Tu Nidito child, putting a face and story to their fundraising effort and Tu Nidito’s mission. With the support of Ride for a Child cyclists, who raise over $100,000 for Tu Nidito annually, we can realize our vision of a community where no child grieves alone.
As part of the Ride for a Child program, cyclists receive…
• The story and photo of a Tu Nidito child to ride for,
• Free entry into the 31st El Tour (paid by Tu Nidito),
• A Ride for a Child jersey,
• A customizable fundraising webpage,
• An El Tour event t-shirt and poster,
• Regular Ride for a Child group rides,
• And the satisfaction of supporting a Tu Nidito child when it matters most.
Personally, I have been a part of the Ride For A Child program and a supporter of Tu Nidito for the past five years. No other organization has touched me as deeply as Tu Nidito. In addition to doing good for a wonderful cause, it has also been a great opportunity to bond with other cyclist in Tucson. Register now at http://www.tunidito.org/register-online